ISO 45001 Security
Safety Management System
WHAT IS ISO 45001
ISO 45001 - 'Management Systems for Occupational Health and Safety - Requirements and Guidance for Use' - specifies requirements for the design and implementation of an occupational health and safety (OSH) management system to enable organisations to provide safe and healthy workplaces, preventing work-related injuries and illnesses, and proactively improving their OSH performance. This standard definitively replaces BS OHSAS 18001:2007.
In order to improve alignment with other international standards (ISO 9001, 14001, etc.), ISO 45001 was developed according to the guidelines of the High Level Structure (HLS) to facilitate the adoption of Integrated Management Systems.
ISO 45001 is a generic standard designed to be applicable to organisations of all sectors and sizes.
Parallel Discover certification attests to all interested parties (customers, institutions, citizens, consumers, etc.) that the organisation operates in compliance with the requirements set out in the reference standard. It therefore represents an element of guarantee that can be used against third parties.
THE BENEFITS OF CERTIFICATION
Certification provides the following benefits:
- Improved risk management in the workplace: INAIL found a reduction in the accident frequency index and accident severity index in certified companies;
- possibility of offering greater assurance to customers about the organisation's ability to comply with current safety legislation;
- provide evidence of the organisation's focus on workplace safety issues;
- possession of a requirement used by major international companies to qualify their suppliers;
- more opportunities to compete in public auctions and better chances of being awarded;
- reduction of the INAIL insurance premium;
- reference recognised all over the world.
THE CERTIFICATION PROCEDURE
The certification process includes the following steps:
- preliminary audit (optional): assessment of the organisation's level of compliance with the requirements, concluding with any observations for achieving compliance;
- certification audit: verification of the conformity of the management system with the requirements, concluding with the possible issue of the certificate;
- surveillance audit: an audit planned, at least annually, to monitor the maintenance of the management system and continuous improvement;
- renewal audit: an audit carried out upon expiry of the certificate, to confirm the certificate for a further three years.
Write to us
Rua M.C. Rodriguez. Lote 1
Sao Domingos de Rana
+351 932 386 892