ISO 14001 Environment
Environmental Management System
WHAT IS ISO 14001
The ISO 14001 Standard specifies the requirements that an organisation wishing to establish, implement, maintain and improve an environmental management system must have. It replaces the previous edition of 2008 by introducing the need to understand the internal and external context in which the organisation operates, examine the needs and expectations of interested parties, consider the life cycle perspective in the environmental management of products and services offered, and identify and evaluate the risks associated with its environmental management system.
WHO IT IS FOR
ISO 14001 is a generic standard designed to be applicable to organisations of all sectors and sizes.
Parallel Discover certification attests to all interested parties (customers, institutions, citizens, consumers, etc.) that the organisation operates in compliance with the requirements set out in the reference standard. It is therefore a security element that can be used against third parties.
THE BENEFITS OF CERTIFICATION
Certification provides the following benefits:
- demonstrate to all interested parties (customers, citizens, institutions, etc.) its sensitivity and attention to environmental issues;
- acquire an increasingly popular requirement in public auctions and by major international companies to qualify their suppliers;
- obtain a reduction in the deposits for participation in public auctions;
for some sectors, reduction of insurance costs and administrative requirements.
THE CERTIFICATION PROCESS
The certification process includes the following steps:
- pre-audit (optional): assessment of the organisation’s level of compliance with the requirements, concluding with any observations for achieving compliance;
- certification audit: verification of the conformity of the management system with the requirements, concluding with the possible issue of the certificate;
- surveillance audit: an audit planned, at least annually, to monitor the maintenance of the management system and continuous improvement;
- renewal audit: an audit carried out on expiry of the certificate to confirm the certificate for a further three years.
Rua M.C. Rodriguez. Lote 1
Sao Domingos de Rana
+351 932 386 892